Skip to main content

USA 24: What’s In The Shed? Is It The Queen Of The Inverts or The Beast At Night? Kings Island

 

This blog will have a spoiler that reveals what’s in the shed! With 17 creds to get, this was going to be a super busy day! We also had to try and get a night ride on The Beast, stay tuned to see if we managed it all! 

With no time to waste, we headed straight to Flight of Fear (691). I neglected to take a photo, but I thought it was better than the other Flight of Fear! 

Orion (692) was next! 



A B&M Hyper with a 300ft drop, what’s not to like!? The drop was great but there wasn’t much airtime and it was covered in trim brakes… 

The good news was, another Backlot Stunt Coaster (693) was next! 

Decent for what it is.

We were flying through the creds, but couldn’t stop yet! Diamondback (694) was another B&M Hyper coaster, almost one hundred feet shorter than its bigger brother Orion. I thought Diamondback was rough and therefore probably the worst hyper coaster I’ve ridden. 



JJ requested Beast (695) as his milestone, so we did that next, despite it being day time. 
Congrats!



It was decent. Stay tuned…. 

Let’s go and find out what’s in the shed! Mystic Timbers (696). 


So, the coaster itself is pretty good! We rode it again at night and it was awesome! Fast, smooth and had airtime! The shed is a complete non event. I was expecting a vertical drop…. What we got were some screens and some music, as we waited to return to the station. Rubbish.

Next we rode the new for 2024 Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers (697)

Another Vekoma Family Boomerang… 

Followed by Surf Dog (698)

This has different seating to every other Disco Coaster I’ve ridden! How exciting… 

Next up was lunch! 

The buffalo loaded fries were awesome! 

After lunch we rode the rapids, which I can’t really remember anything about, you’re welcome!



Bat (699) was next! I’d wanted to ride one of these for years! 



A classic Arrow Suspended Coaster, there’s not many left. It wasn’t very good.. gutted. 

700 not out for me! Banshee (700!)


I love Banshee! She really is the Queen of inverts! I preferred riding front row, which is the opposite to every other invert I’ve ridden! If I had a top ten, Banshee would be in it! It’s pure force but also has airtime and I love it! 

Invertigo had opened for the first time of the day, I wasn’t expecting to get it but 701! 

It wasn’t great, but the seats facing inwards are cool! 


Adventure Express (702) was next! 
It was awful. Rough pile of rubbish. 

We decided to tick both the Racers off next. 703&704: 


Both were excellent, as all of the Racers on this trip had been. Really enjoyable coasters! 

We then wandered back into the Snoopy area to mop a couple of creds up. Woodstock’s Air Rail (705), which I didn’t take a photo of and isn’t very memorable was first! Followed by Great Pumpkin Coaster (706):

Woodstock Express (707)


We had now completed all of the creds, so treated ourselves to some blue ice cream! 

We then rode the dark ride.
It was rubbish, that’s all I can remember about it. 

As nightfall was approaching we had more rides on Banshee and Mystic Timbers.


Then it was time for the main event, The Beast at night.




Incredible. Easily one of the best experiences I’ve ever had on a coaster, I’ve never experienced anything like it! It was pitch black, fast and felt out of the control! The Beast at night is a must do for any enthusiast! 

What a way to end a brilliant day! Thanks for reading! 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Supermarket Weep - Lidl

  It’s been a while, but Supermarket Weep is back! The series where myself and some ‘lucky’ guests, try supermarket own brand beer and beers brewed specifically for supermarkets. In previous episodes we all went wild in the aisles of Tesco and Aldi. Welcome to Supermarket Weep - Lidl.  A piece of advice for you, don’t trust the terrible cupboard holders that these beers come in. I opted to go without a bag or a trolley and regretted that decision.  The beers all fell out of the cupboard and onto the floor. I stuffed my pockets with some of the beers, which caused my shorts to fall down. A new low for me is accidentally exposing myself in a Lidl… Trolley to the rescue! Ignore than BrewDog, that was for something else!  For this episode I was joined by friends of the blog, Dan and John. We kicked things off with Excelsior Lager, a French inspired beer. This was bad, like really bad. It’s a really watery beer, with a weird sweet taste. Awful.  Next up was San Marti...

Phantasialand - My Happy Place

Using the phrase happy place makes me feel a bit cringe, but I don’t really know how else to describe how much I love Phantasialand. If I close my eyes and think about where I’d most like to be in the world Phantasialand and The Abbey come straight to mind, and I know which one I’d have more fun in at the moment! Ever since my first visit back in 2016 I’ve been in love with Phantasialand and it was time to return after a two year absence. I couldn’t wait for two full days at Phantasialand! We pick this up following Moose On The Loose In Cologne ( Link! ) in snowy Brühl, around 20km south of Cologne. The sight of Brühl Schloss greets you as you exit the train station: UNESCO tick! The next morning we made the walk from the hotel to the park, just before this walk I was convinced to join Strava!  We arrived just before opening and received a golden welcome: The Berlin area Dragon Phantasialand has six dragons and now you’ve seen one of them! You may see more dragons later, but only i...

Away Days 25/26: Promotion Party? - Crewe

 How time flies. It only feels like yesterday I was writing the blog for the first away day of the season at Swindon and now I’m writing about the last away day! Going into the final weekend of the season Cambridge were in third place, the last automatic promotion spot. There were 27 possible scenarios that could have occurred and in those Cambridge would be promoted in 19 of them. This is my take on Cambridge United’s winner takes all last game of the season, I hope you enjoy it.  The day before. I made my way up to Stockport where I met Rach, Liz and John. We tried a few beers to settle the nerves. I was already nervous and was changing my mind about whether we were going to win promotion or not. Me and Rach had a beer in a Robinsons pub but I forgot to take any photos there so we start at Thread. John made a mess From Thread we walked about 50 feet to Produce Hall to get some food.  The garlic chilli chicken was delicious! From here we headed to Fell. Quite a lot of be...