Hello and welcome to another blog series! Join the dream team of Aaron, Liz and myself as we drive around France and a little bit of Belgium in the name of coasters!
We start in Essex as I drive to Aarons to hop into his van and head down south to pick Liz up, ready to catch the train over to France. As you can see, myself and Aaron managed to match outfits!
As soon as we drove off of the train we headed straight for a fair in Calais. If you’ve read one of my coaster blogs before I’m sure you can imagine the delights that lay ahead.
837:
838: La Souris
This was actually interesting because it’s weird but it wasn’t good. It was rough and the seat almost ended up inside me.
There was a third coaster (Dragon) at this fair but it was closed, so we grabbed a pint, a pizza and left!
![]() |
| Best fair pizza I’ve ever had! |
![]() |
| I asked for a pils but was given a 7% Belgium beer instead, what was the universe trying to tell me? |
The next morning we headed to a local bakery to grab some healthy breakfast:
The perfect fuel for a theme park day!
Bellewaerde:
I knew very little about this park before we visited but I was actually so impressed with this place! A great mix of rides, good operations and most surprisingly of all good food!
We knew the park would be busy so our plan was to ride both sides of Dawson Duel first however they didn’t open at park opening, so we rode Wakala (839):
At this point Dawson Duel had opened! (840&841)
I thought this was an interesting concept but I wouldn’t rush to ride it again. I get why it has to be controlled, otherwise capacity would be a nightmare, but I didn’t enjoy it being completely controlled. I prefer my coasters to feel out of control.
Boomerang 842:
This was the first Boomerang to be open for the public to ride! So naturally I assumed it would be shit.
However it actually wasn’t bad, not good but not bad.
Huracun 843:
Probably the best coaster in the park, Huracan is an indoor coaster with good effects. Sadly our onboard audio was not working properly. So yeah good effects, when they work.
Brazilian Buggies 844:
With the coasters ridden we ate a sausage and looked at some animals and the closed (boo) topple tower.
![]() |
| Gutted. It’s the last one |
We did find time to ride the family Break Dance!
It was actually quite good! I did miss the force and general craziness of the proper big boy one! It did moooove around well though!
With Bellewaerde completed we drove to Loos Parc, which was picturesque.
Train de la Mine 845:
Chenille 846:
Saving the best until last…… I guess this has theming…
Requin 847:
![]() |
| Theming |
Loos Parc was quite the contrast from the previous park. Despite being empty there were warmly welcomed and were even given flags, yes flags, after winning a toy for Aaron’s dog Moose.
![]() |
| +3 and a flag, happy days |
Our last stop of the day was Parc d’Olhain which is home to mountain coaster, Luge (848)
I really like mountain coasters but sometimes they can be ruined by who is front of you, and sadly this was one of these times. I told the ride op not to dispatch me for as long as possible as I knew the person in front would go super slow and they did, idiot.
We decided to have a beer and views weren’t bad at all.
![]() |
| Which view do you prefer, this or Loos Parc? |
Then we headed to our apartment in Amiens, which was right next to the cathedral.
We had a lovely evening walk and some dinner to finish a wonderful day.
Thanks for reading! I’ll leave you with these:
![]() |
| Yeah I don’t know either |
![]() |
| Toilet rules at Loos Parc. |
































Comments
Post a Comment