Skip to main content

France Part 4 - Parc Asterix

Hello and welcome to part four of my France blog series! Part four covers my first visit to Parc Asterix, a park I had wanted to visit for ages but never quite got around to. We were expecting a busy park and therefore decided to buy an unlimited fast pass which turned out really well for us. The system works digitally and you basically book a slot to ride which lasts around thirty minutes. Let’s get to the rides! 

Vol D’Icare 864:


 I was expecting it to be rough as balls but it was actually pretty decent, winner. 

Discobelix 865: 


A well themed disco makes the plus one that tiny bit better.

Pegase Express 866: 



The first of the good creds here. This starts off well with some decent speed and drops. The second half isn’t as good and I was fully expecting a drop track which was actually a bit of effects and then a backwards section. 

Cetautomax 867:



We had a couple of rides on this as it was really good! Easily one of the best spinning coasters I have done. Beats a crappy spinning mouse!

Speaking of crappy. SOS Tournevis 868: 


Plus 1. 

Menhir Express 869:


I can sense that you’re thinking that this is not a coaster and I can see why. However, it has an on track coaster section and is on coaster count. We had a group debate about this and decided to count it.

Trace Du Hourra 870: 



A big ol’ bobsled coaster and it was actually pretty good! 

Toutatis 871: 




One word. Incredible. More words. The launches and forces are brilliant! The backwards part was full of both floater and ejector airtime! We managed to ride front and back of this and by a tiny amount I prefer the back row! What a coaster!

Ozlris 872: 




If you don’t know me by now.. you’ll never ever know that I love B&M inverts (Mick Huckhall ft. BeerMoose).

I love a B&M invert and I was so excited to ride this one and….. it was not good. I was gutted. I found it had a weird rattle and wasn’t overly forceful, even back row. Gutted. 

At this point we had lunch at the buffet Aaron recommended. 


Buffets (especially theme park ones) are normally a bit shit but this was pretty good! 

We decided to let our lunch go down but riding some non coasters:


This flume thing was pretty good.


A polyp must always be ridden as they’re amazing. For some reason this one had a hose pipe which was used by the ride op to soak you as you spin around. 


This thing is interesting. You buy a drink and then drink it up this tower thing. Sadly the rotation is broken. 

Goudurix 873: 


This has a justified reputation for being unbearably rough and that’s exactly what it is. It has aged about as well as a fart in a space suit. Now I have the cred it can be knocked down. 

Tonnerre 2 Zeus 874: 


This coaster divides opinion in the coaster world, some say that it’s too rough and others argue the opposite. I think that your opinion of it depends on when you rode it. I’m in the fortunate position of riding it after RMC had retracked the alleged worst sections. I mean you can certainly tell which bits have been altered and which haven’t. A real coaster of two halves! The RMC section is awesome but the rest is not so great. 

With that it was park completed! Astérix is a great park though and is up there with best in Europe. I, excited to return and see the new land they are building. It just needs at least one more world class cred. 


Thanks for reading! I’m actually writing this on a Virgin Atlantic flight to Orlando, what a time to be alive. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Supermarket Weep - Lidl

  It’s been a while, but Supermarket Weep is back! The series where myself and some ‘lucky’ guests, try supermarket own brand beer and beers brewed specifically for supermarkets. In previous episodes we all went wild in the aisles of Tesco and Aldi. Welcome to Supermarket Weep - Lidl.  A piece of advice for you, don’t trust the terrible cupboard holders that these beers come in. I opted to go without a bag or a trolley and regretted that decision.  The beers all fell out of the cupboard and onto the floor. I stuffed my pockets with some of the beers, which caused my shorts to fall down. A new low for me is accidentally exposing myself in a Lidl… Trolley to the rescue! Ignore than BrewDog, that was for something else!  For this episode I was joined by friends of the blog, Dan and John. We kicked things off with Excelsior Lager, a French inspired beer. This was bad, like really bad. It’s a really watery beer, with a weird sweet taste. Awful.  Next up was San Marti...

Phantasialand - My Happy Place

Using the phrase happy place makes me feel a bit cringe, but I don’t really know how else to describe how much I love Phantasialand. If I close my eyes and think about where I’d most like to be in the world Phantasialand and The Abbey come straight to mind, and I know which one I’d have more fun in at the moment! Ever since my first visit back in 2016 I’ve been in love with Phantasialand and it was time to return after a two year absence. I couldn’t wait for two full days at Phantasialand! We pick this up following Moose On The Loose In Cologne ( Link! ) in snowy Brühl, around 20km south of Cologne. The sight of Brühl Schloss greets you as you exit the train station: UNESCO tick! The next morning we made the walk from the hotel to the park, just before this walk I was convinced to join Strava!  We arrived just before opening and received a golden welcome: The Berlin area Dragon Phantasialand has six dragons and now you’ve seen one of them! You may see more dragons later, but only i...

Away Days 25/26: Promotion Party? - Crewe

 How time flies. It only feels like yesterday I was writing the blog for the first away day of the season at Swindon and now I’m writing about the last away day! Going into the final weekend of the season Cambridge were in third place, the last automatic promotion spot. There were 27 possible scenarios that could have occurred and in those Cambridge would be promoted in 19 of them. This is my take on Cambridge United’s winner takes all last game of the season, I hope you enjoy it.  The day before. I made my way up to Stockport where I met Rach, Liz and John. We tried a few beers to settle the nerves. I was already nervous and was changing my mind about whether we were going to win promotion or not. Me and Rach had a beer in a Robinsons pub but I forgot to take any photos there so we start at Thread. John made a mess From Thread we walked about 50 feet to Produce Hall to get some food.  The garlic chilli chicken was delicious! From here we headed to Fell. Quite a lot of be...